Go Back   Forums - Weppos.com > ASP Stats Generator Announcements > ASP Stats Generator Announcements

ASP Stats Generator Announcements Read the latest news from development team here.

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Administrator / ASP Stats Generator Developer

Thumbs up ASP Stats Generator brand new website!

I'm really excited to announce that today the brand new ASP Stats Generator website has been officially launched.
I just spent the last two days importing all data from the old website, configuring all redirects and make some tests to ensure the migration will be completely painless for everyone.

Today it's really a huge milestone for ASP Stats Generator!

I have been working on this new website since 3 years.
Yes! 3 long years.

No, wait, it doesn't usually take 3 years to create a new website but you must consider I usually work on ASG on my free time and I have to admit my free time has drastically decreased since I moved to Rome 3 years ago.
Additionally, the ASP Stats Generator website wasn't my unique project.

Don't forget about moving ASG development to Trac, importing source code to Subversion, configuring and maintaining this forum and last but not least trying to release new exiting ASG versions.

In this busy TODO list I didn't include dedicating a little bit of time to myself, coding stuff with Ruby... ok, I stop here! This is not a post about what I 'm doing all day long!

The ASP Stats Generator website changed its face more than 5 times and has been developed with 3 different programming languages:
  • ASP at the beginning
  • PHP (Symfony) in the second step
  • Ruby (Rails) the final and current release
I think the final result is almost pretty good!... isn't it?

It has a clean an pretty layout, it offers less information but more organized.
Finally, it claims an own identity thanks to the brand new logo developed by Massimo (aka Cyberman) and the dedicated domain.
This final point it's definitely one of the most important for me. Even if ASP Stats Generator originated from weppos.com website, it was the time to split the project and give him it's own namespace.

Before quitting, let me say a big big thank you to all donors that supported ASP Stats Generator development making a donation to the project.
There are no enough word I can use to demonstrate my appreciation but I tried to do my best listing all names in a single dedicated page.

Thanks guys!